Quantcast

Digital thermometer

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DonW

R.I.P.
I thought I would let folks know about a good thermometer. Its made by springfield at Home Depot. I just went past the 6mo mark with this one and its been dead on for the whole time. You can put 3 remote rf sensors on one display. This is the first of many that Ive found to be accurate at less that $20.

Don

Mushroom Boy

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

I've been using a Radio Shack digital thermometer with good results for the past couple of years as wel.

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
G~, here is a link to find that thermometer on HD's site: http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1176926581.1071766847@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdhadckekhdmkfcgelceffdfgidgnj.0&MID=9876

DonW, do you actually have this submerged in you sump or tank? I am not sure how well they mean weather proof ;-).

Thanks,
Eliyah

DonW

R.I.P.
skew

No I threw the box away months ago but I see them all the time at the tacoma store. I'm kind of a gizmo type of person. If I could find a way to automate my entire system I probably would. As of now my automation system controls the temp and lights.

Don

Katchupoy

Eliyah, the link doesnt work... what is the name/brand of that thing... right now I am using a simple digital thermometer from target for 9 bucks...

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
I realized the link didn't work after I posted, sorry about that.

Go to HD and do a search for Springfield, or digital thermometers and that will bring it up. The site says they have none in stock right now, and don't expect to be getting any in until the 1st of the year.

Will this work under water?

Eliyah

DonW

R.I.P.
Water proof

Yes remove the double sided tape and stick the sensor it in there (sump or tank). I have two one for the aquarium and one for the ro containment. The one on the ro containment sends a signal to the one on the tank. Both can be read at the tank or individually. Here is the ro containment. I have very little space and buckets or trash cans are ugly. I made this to take up only 6x20 in of floor/wall space and is housed behind s nice oak enclosure in the laundry room hold 21 gallons. Since were on the subject of temp, each tube is wrapped in pipe heat tape and temp is maintained at about 72. Makes water changes alot easier, salt desolves faster and no heating is needed. Its also nice for the family they can simply fill up a jug for the frig. and have fresh filtered water.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.