DirecTV TiVo's on sale as Circuit City

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

I've had a TiVo going on 3 or 4 years now. I can't live without mine now! About 2 years ago I switched from the regular TiVo (cable type) to the DirecTiVo which is even more awesome. If you've ever tried TiVo you know when I mean :)

I just wanted to share a sale that Circuit City is having on the new Samsung Series 2 DirecTiVo. It's 49.99 and that is for the 35 hour TiVo unit. This sale is for either new DirecTV subcribers or for existing ones. All they ask if that you keep a contract for 12 months with them.

Here is the link for the sale. I bought mine online but selected to pick up the unit at a local store. I went to Southcenter yesterday and picked it up. Great unit and quite a bit faster than the old Series 1 units.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.j...BV_EngineID=cccdadclffldigdcfngcfkmdffhdfgo.0

If you have any questions about TiVo let me know :)

mattseattle

to activate the TiVo service with DirecTV is 4.99 a month I think. If you get the top of the line package the Total Choice Premiere then it's thrown in for free.

yeah you can hack into your TiVo and toss in a larger drive. It's pretty easy to do. You can also add a web server to it so you can actually log in via the Web to see what programs it's recording, update your records and do a few other things. It's very kewl.

mattseattle

well TiVo is based on the Linux OS. Tons of web sites dedicated to how to add a hard drive, how to add a bash prompt, etc. etc.

Just do a google search on it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.