Quantcast

Do you have a back up ?????

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

H20doctor

MMMM Tasty Children
I just wanted to share with you all what happend to me about a month ago. I came downstairs at 2 am to go to the potty and walked by my dark tank and into the bathroom. After I came out I was in the kitchen munching on a midnite snack.......then I noticed something different, something didn't sound right... something wasn't making a noise at all. I walked over to the tank and my main pump on my 100 gallon reef was off. THe tank was quiet and the pump was off!!!!!!!. So I touched it and it was blistering HOT!!!. So now I panic because guess what I don't have a back up pump to put in. My tank is off , no flow and I don't have another pump. To make a long story short , I grabbed one of my pool sump pumps and hooked up a make shift return back up to the tank. I went out the very next day a bought a back up pump. So my advice to all is always have a main back up pump on your tank system in case you come down stairs in the middle of the night and your tank is off....

NaH2O

Awesome advice.... I think it's important to have a spare pump at least available in the event of a pump failure.

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Chris, thanks for sharing that bit of info. I think I'm going to make that one of my priorities, as we generally overlook events like this.

Eliyah

big t

tankless
Ya you can always count on that happening on a day like christmas eve when the lfs is closed. Good idea to have a spare no doubt

Darrell

not as bad as haveing a seam completely split in the middle of the night like mine did all 55 gl draned in about 3 hours thanks
god my nefew has a empty back up at 2 am in the morning
Darrell

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.