Quantcast

Dolphin 2100 Aqua Sea Vs Sequence Stingray

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
The Stingrays puts out awesome flow. The Dolphin 2100 :) is quieter than the Stingray . I tested my system today with both pumps side by side in my garage. The Dolpin throttled down easily with a Gate Valve enough to run my SCWD. Both pumps perform really well. I just know that the Stingray is a makes a little more noise. I know that the Stingray has been transformed into the Barracuda this year. The Barracuda has a much more quieter than Stingray due to the new housing. I would bet that the Barracuda is going to be tuff to beat for price and performance.
Thats my opinion.

Hope this helps..
Ed

reedman

how's the heat transfer with those pumps Ed? I would think they cut corners somewhere (I hope not, but...) to get the costs down.

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I just put my hand on both pumps. The external case of the Sequence pump is hotter than the Dolphin. I put a digital Thermometer inside the tank. The tank temp is 77 degrees with out a heater. It has been running for about 4 hours with new water in it. I added my UV sterilizer to the tank plumbing.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.