Quantcast

Dolphin Pumps.

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I recently spoke with Tom and Danielle at Dolphin pumps. You could not ask for nicer people. Tom told me usually a seal is all that is ever needed for the pump I had. He offered me a deal to fix it. He gave me a quote on paper quickly and told me turn around was pretty quick. I am happy to have a Dolphin pump with the feed back and information I got from Tom. My friend who has 3 or four of these pumps fixed mine really easy. He basically cleaned it. I have a Dolphin pump and a Sequence pump. I can hardley wait to compare them side by side. :)

NaH2O

I'll be interested to see that as well, Ed (the comparison). I waffled between the two - ended up with the Amp 3000. I couldn't have asked for a quieter pump.

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Nikki,
I only have a Dolphin 2100 pump. The Sequence is the 3800 gallon Stingray. I watched my friends Dolphin pumps work this week end. I had to put my hand on it to see if it was running. I had the same experience with the Sequence at Kevins store. The Sequence is brand new. The dolphin is a used unit that has been cleaned. I am pretty sure they will be a lot quieter than my Mag 18.

reedman

I like my AM3K's performance. My only beef is that the pump failed after about 6 months use. I sent it back (I had to foot the shipping) and Dolphin said they fixed it. I received it back and hooked it up again, nothing. The pump had the same problem as when I sent it in. Talked to Dolphin again....asked if they would just send a new unit, as my tank was suffering from lack of good flow. Only thing Dolphin could offer was to send out a new pump (I would have to pay for it as new) and I would have a spare. I had lost faith in the pump and diodn't want a spare that I didn't have faith in so I said no to that option. They said to send it back and they would fix it. Again I shipped the pump back to Dolphin (I paid shipping again) and they finally ended up replacing the pump. I am less than impressed with the customer service and the quality of the product seems to be hit or miss.

This was my experience. I am not trying to say that all of their product are this way, but this is what I went through.

I will go with sequence when it's time to replace mine.

-Reed

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Wow, I am sorry Reed to hear that Reed. They seemed more than happy to help me. The price was cheap also. Maybe they learned a lesson also. Tom and Danielle were wanting to fix my pump. I did not go through them though for service. My friend took my pump apart and put it back together. So maybe I put the cart before the horse. They definitely were supportive and called me back and explained to me their oppinion on what was wrong. They called me back three times. I guess I will learn the hard way. I know you are a honest person. I have no reason to doubt you. I guess I am lucky to have a engineer for a friend that is willing to help me out. I watched my friend explain how well he thought the Dolphin pump was built. The advantage he has is...He knows how to work on them. What did you do with your pump? Have you had any more problems with it?

reedman

Hey Ed. The new pump is running fine now. I was just dissapointed in the lack of willingness to ship a replacement after I had allowed them to try to fix it once. I figured if you can't fix it the first time, the least they could do was give me a new pump as a replacement (what they ended up doing anyway), or at the very least offr to pay for the shipping since that isnt' a small bill to send that much weight to Florida (twice!).

When they work, they work great. Minimal heat transfer, quiet, high flow rate, and low power draw. I just have a sour taste in my mouth from the experience that I had. It's enough to make me spend more for someone elses pumps for all future applications.

I hope you have much better luck with your pump Ed.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts