Quantcast

drip valve

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

Hey - where can I get a drip valve locally? does Home Depot or Lowes carry these?

I'm looking for a way to control the output of my Calcium Reactor to a more precise way. Currently I'm using a small C clamp on my output hose.

Any other ideas besides a drip valve?

johnehr

Ignorant and Oblivious
A knot? I didnt think of a knot until kris from below sea level suggested it to me for acclimation...

mattseattle

weird idea.....not sure that'd work because i want it to be an easily adjustable output flow.

i did use the knot idea on my kalk drip though and it worked for that but i don't change that often.

aquariumdebacle

electrolyte addict
the small blue valve from the airline kits work marginally well if there is not too much pressure upstream. The shutoff valves are just that the shut-off the flow; either on or off. the in between flow rates are a pain to get correct. I have a pretty good airline valve that I got from Florida Aqua Farms. It's a little pricey but it's got a real nice screw type adjustment. Let me know if you need one I have a few extra.

big t

tankless
I wish! You will have a really hard time finding those anywhere in town. They have copies at HD, but not lowes in my area. The copies are inferior compared to the real JG fitting that is the same price + shipping. The only chance you would have is McClendons, but they discontinued after a short time of carrying JG fittings.

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Hey Tom,

The JG valve may be a copy but I saw them at Lowes in lynnwood last weekend. I needed a JG couppling and saw them in stock. FWIW
Scott:)

big t

tankless
Hey it is just a small ball valve that can be adjusted. I have been using one for about a year now and it worked pretty good for me. I am sure there are a lot of options out there. A really small gate valve would be the best, but I have no idea where to get something like that.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.