Quantcast

Easy Sump ideas for a 29 gallon tank

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Fijikid

Hello,

I have a 29-gallon acrylic tank that I would like to make a sump for my 55-gallon glass tank. Since I have never built a sump before, does anyone have any drawings or pictures that can send me for ideas? I am not trying to build any thing fancy, but I want it to be efficient.

Any advice is appreciated. :)

DonW

R.I.P.
Give us a general idea of what your thinking. You could put in simple baffles or nothing at all and use a sock. What types of pumps do you want to us internal or external? Is your skimmer going to go in it?

Mine has nothing at all and I like it that way, lots of space and easy to change or rearrange.

Don

Fijikid

At this point I am open to ideas. I only have a 29 gallon acrylic tank and a skimmer (no pump yet). This will be under my 55 gallon glass tank (non-drilled). So I probably need an overflow.

I am looking for a simple set-up that works. Maybe incorporating a refugium in the sump, depending on how much room I have left in the sump.

Can you post pictures of your sump on-line? How long have you had your sump going and what do you have in it?

THANK YOU for your help.

DonW

R.I.P.
I think there is one in the users showcase forum diy80. Simply a 20g long aga aquarium. From left to right, 3 x 1200ghp@4' pumps (sump flow is 2400gph 3rd pump is for reactors), Skimmer (this week end it will be BIG skimmer), 8"x12" filter sock w/two 1" drains going in.
Misc stuff: Frag-in rubble, heater, probes.
Thats it no frils and no microbubbles.

Don

Last edited:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Hey Sam, you are welcome to come over and see what Scott did to my 60. We added an overflow and the tank is now BB with a sock and I loveeeeeeeee it.

Colleen

Fijikid

Thank you for the offer. I will shoot you a PM in the next few weeks and see what time works the best for you.

:)

Craig Manoukian

McKosker's Wrasse
I have an Amircle 400 GPH overflow in my display tank that feeds my 29 gallon long. I have a 6" chamber for my skimmer which overflows into my 12" by 12" refugium and then the water flows to the 6" return chamber and my Mag 7 return pump. The three chambers are separated by two sets of baffles.

Last edited:

Katchupoy

I have some schematics here for your reference but it was built in a 10 gallon tank.

Here is the section.

Here is the finish product.

Fijikid

Thank you for all for your input.

The tank that I am working with is 24"wide x 13" deep X 16" high. I have also attached pictures of the tank and space that I am working with. Please help me design my sump with what I am working with.

Thank you,
Sam

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts