Ed's 60 G. Cube Set-up

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

ravenjred

Hi everyone,
I am definitely new to the saltwater hobby and have been in the process of making my own stand for a 60 gallon cube tank. I have done research for the past year about saltwater and am ready to take the plunge. I will be doing the plumbing this coming weekend. I'm not sure if I like the aquascaping yet so any ideas, suggestions, help about anything and everything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help and input.

Attachments

ravenjred

Yes, that is the BRS Dry Rock. I also have the aragonite sand from them. Any idea how many inches 80 lbs. of sand will make in a 60 gallon cube?

ravenjred

are you using any bacteria additive to cycle your tank?
I don't plan on it. I won't be plumbing it till this weekend and then adding water. I am listening to my brothers advise. Heaves in KY. and has a big tank. He told me to put a table shrimp in and let it rot. That should start the cycle. We shall see. I'm excited.

mfinn

Surgeonfish
I don't plan on it. I won't be plumbing it till this weekend and then adding water. I am listening to my brothers advise. Heaves in KY. and has a big tank. He told me to put a table shrimp in and let it rot. That should start the cycle. We shall see. I'm excited.

That is one way to do it, but I've seen a lot of people pretty happy with stuff like Dr. Tims bacteria additive.

ravenjred

Thanks. I would love to see pics of your tank if you can post them or tell me where they are. How many and what fish and corals do you have? I look forward to hearing from you.

1guydude

Hi raven. Maybe add a lil sand and if u need more add.more...
Havent looked at ur pics yet. But usually I suggest a rock scape like a lagoon. A slope. Or an island. Ull wanna do an island. Bigger rocks and less are better if that makes sense. U can tape out a 24x4 square on the garage floor and play with it. Use drill and large zip ties to really form it up. Hths
d

ravenjred

Thanks everyone. Dailydirven: I love your build so far. I will be plumbing my tank this weekend hopefully. I still have to put the doors on my stand. What type of container is that you are using for your ATO reservoir? I have to find one that I can use still. I have the Tunze ATO controller. Also, how big of a container do I need for ATO? Thanks.

tike

Thanks. I would love to see pics of your tank if you can post them or tell me where they are. How many and what fish and corals do you have? I look forward to hearing from you.
I have to get of my lazy butt and get some recent pics up! I am planning on a total redesign of the aquascape in the next month or two. I only have 2 fish in it at the moment, coral beauty and a small blue tang. I have sps, lps zoas in the tank currently.

dailydriven911

sps addict
Thanks everyone. Dailydirven: I love your build so far. I will be plumbing my tank this weekend hopefully. I still have to put the doors on my stand. What type of container is that you are using for your ATO reservoir? I have to find one that I can use still. I have the Tunze ATO controller. Also, how big of a container do I need for ATO? Thanks.
Thanks I picked it up in the camping isle at Walmart. Holds 6 gallons and will last me about a week. Wish I had more room for something larger. The Tunze ATO is the best for sure good choice.

mfinn

Surgeonfish

Latest posts