Quantcast

Equipment room pee'd itself???

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Well last week I have had something happen in my equipment room that I have never seen before. We had been having alot of rain and the humidity was high. Well I went into my aquarium equpment room and it looked like someone had turned on a sprinkler. All surfaces of the room were soaked, walls, ceiling, floor...just everything, it was fresh water to. It went away in a few hours with the evac fans.

Anyone ever have this happen???

Mike

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Not exactly, but a week or so ago when it was real cold over here, the cement walls in my basement were sweating pretty good. I just turned a fan on, and that dried them out. Now my cats are another story............................ :(

wrightme43

Maybe this will work. The humidity is high in there to begin with, then outside humidity was high. I bet you reached dew point in your house. Never had it happen but I have had little household greenhouse/terriruim, and it happens inside them all the time. Especialy at night as the temp drops. Do you think that is what happened, Mike? HTH Steve

snobanker

I agree Mike...we had such cold dry weather that went to 100% humidity and high temps over night....it's gotta be weather related...plus with you have a lotta humidity in there already I would imagine....did you notice a higher than normal top off or anything?

DonW

R.I.P.
Mike my shop does this every night. Floors and walls sweat. Office sweats under drywall but a ceiling fan cured that. You may want to consider some through wall exhaust fans. You dont want the house rolling down into the lake.

Don

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
LOL Don no kidding. The equipment is completely sealed, All joints caulked so on and so forth. I do have two exhaust fans running 24/7 and leave the window open. In 3 years I have never seen a drip on the walls once. It must hav been one of those perfect circumstances things...

Mike

MikeS

mojoreef said:
In 3 years I have never seen a drip on the walls once. It must hav been one of those perfect circumstances things...

Mike
Yeah, you must have hit the saturation point.... :D

I live in a very dry climate, so I've seen this type of thing in my house before, given the right conditions...

Mike

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.