Quantcast

fake coral

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Elmo18

Clownfish
I'd like to add that most artificial corals are dyed/colored deeper than what is usually seen on the reefs because over time they will fade a little. Thus they have thought ahead and compensated for this.

They are also on the pricey side ;)

- Elmo

nubes

jack just use my coral after i buy the real stuff ill give you a good price. ahhhhh yeeees welcome to the magical world of... REEF FRONTIERS DUN DUN DUN

cdeakle

Are thse fake corals more expensive then the real deal?

I would hope not. If they were reasonable I would probably be inclined to switch to fake corals. Anyone know what the imitation corals are made from, plastic?

Wolfesbane

Seahorse Wrangler
It depends, I've seen fakes made from cement type stuff, silicon, plastic, and some less identifiable substances.

The probably with fakes though, is that they'll eventually get covered in coralline unless you clean them regularly.

Drs. Foster & Smith has some polyurethane ones that are pretty reasonable... not a huge selection though.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/NavResults.cfm?Ne=40000&N=2004+113541

~ Steve

captivereefs

The artificial corls are made from a hard rubber. If you want some prices onthe living color stuff PM me and i can give them to you.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts