Quantcast

finally got a true rose!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Why wasn't your other rose anemone a true rose anemone?

They're all Entacmaea quadricolour. Just different color variations. A lot of them are the pink/dull pink with the greenish base coming from China. The one you have probably came from Bali as it is pink/red with no green tint around the base.

Nice anemone :)

- Elmo

pulleygirl

well, my old one could have been a "true" but it was from the phillipines, and it was a dark rose color (wow, hence the name, hehe). anywho, it wasn't a bubble tip and wasnt brightly colored like this one. i like my new one much better.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
I threw one in my tank about a 1 1/2 years ago. I have given 8 away and have 11 still in the tank. Rabbits of the sea lol.

They look pretty healthy pulleygirl congrates

Mike

pulleygirl

well, according to the LFS the one that i got rid of is the kind that reproduces like crazy (i had it split once, gave one to my bf, and mine hadn't split since, but his split 3 times). so, i traded that one in for this rose bubble tip anemone, and hopefully it doesnt split (well, i guess if it did i could take them down to the LFS and get store credit for them). anywho, i am very happy with it....it adds so much color to my tank!

BlennyBabe

Rachel
Well next time anyone gets a clone, Let me know. Ive been looking for a nice one from a reliable source. Thats one thing that the tank I take care of is lacking, a beautiful anemone.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
The problem with harvesting mine is the clowns. I have a mated pair of Maroons, and big moma really doesnt like me anymore since I accidently sucked up part of one of her roses. She relentlessly attacks and it hurts lol

MIke

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.