Quantcast

First tank

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

JWallace

I finally got my first reef tank up and running. It's a 100 gal acrylic tank with a 35 gal sump, 90+ lbs of LR, and is a BB. The water is still dirty from putting the rock in, and I am not to sure about the aquascaping. I am very excited to see what it looks like when it clears up. I will try to get some more pics up later. Let me know what you think.

Jonah

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Looks like it off to a great start Jonah, cant wait to see this tank start sprouting corals.

Mike

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Hey Jonah!

I didn't realize how Corraline covered the rock already is! I think we got a very nice batch. The aquascaping already look pretty darn good.

big t

tankless
I like the rock in the middle, it looks like a snail from the front and a hat from the back. Nice setup!

NeilsReef

Nice first set up

I wish I could have started out with a set up like yours, when I first started. I love the in the wall tanks, but I can't just rip apart my walls, oh well.

JWallace

I set up my metal halides today!!!! There is 2 250 watt 20k bulbs. I am hoping the bulbs will be enough to light my tank efficient. They are burning really blue right now.

I also got some more rock thanks to Ray Pollett

Elmo18

Clownfish
Which 20k bulbs are those? They will turn a little bit whiter after ~100-120 hours of burn in time.

Looks great!

- Elmo

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts