Quantcast

Fishy Faces( Not Dialup Friendly)

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

SlowBoat

Just gotta love these faces. Some of the best photo subjects I've ever had, well maybe not, could not get everyone to sit still. :)

Grouper

Clown Trigger

Orange Dottyback

Lionfish

Arc-Eye Hawkfish

Flame Hawkfish

Orchid Dottyback

Spotfin Hogfish

SlowBoat

Chuck, your purple tang is really one nice fish. It is so vibrant in color and looks so healthy. I have been looking for a few months now and have yet to find one that looks that nice..

deadrose

Erm, I mean Slowboat's pics. If I can't tell a purple tang or a clownfish, I probably have no business setting up a tank :D

Heidi

SlowBoat

I have updated the pictures with the common names of the fish. Thanks for the suggestion Heidi.

CarlS

I couldn't get any good pics of my fish. What's the trick to keep them still long enough? Do you photo them with a flash also?

CarlS

SlowBoat

I use a flash for most fish pics, allows me to use a faster shutter speed to "freeze" the fish.

Thats the trick is to get them to hold still, it took about 2 hours at Blue Sierra to get the one posted in this thread. Lots of garbage shots also, but digital film is cheap :)

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
Blennie:

I find luck plays the biggest role in getting good fish shots. Especially fish like my Flame Angel, every shot I have of it is some kind of action shot. :)

SlowBoat

Nice pic :)

Kinda looks like he is in the middle of a campaingn speech for govenor of CA. "If elected I will ban all cyanide caught fish...."

David Winther

Tomatoe Clown and Rose

My buddy sent me this pic. It is my old Tomato and my Rose (thanks Ryan!) after we moved them to his tank about 2 months ago prior to me deploying to Japan.

MtnDewMan

When you want to post a pic from a website, you use the IMG button ...

When you click on the img button a dialog box will pop up, put the URL to your image there.

Nice picture :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.