Quantcast

Getting excited about the Delbeek meeting!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Alice

I was downtown today, playing tourist with the kids, and we walked right by the Harbor Steps. :)

I'm really looking forward to the meeting. I have tremendous respect for Charles Delbeek, have read his books and articles, even talked to him on the phone once but have yet to see him speak or meet him. This is going to be great!

MzWeazelle

Loved the meeting but next time please schedule for somewhere on the EAST side of the ball field! Took over an hour to get from the waterfront to I-90. Won't be doing that again, no matter who is speaking.

jasontatro

Wiseguy
MzWeazelle said:
Loved the meeting but next time please schedule for somewhere on the EAST side of the ball field! Took over an hour to get from the waterfront to I-90. Won't be doing that again, no matter who is speaking.
It's true... there's always somebody who is going to be inconvenienced. Mercer Island is not a quick trip for me, yet I've made the journey many times. I think tonight was a fair trade off.

Alice

He did have some great video. It was very interesting seeing what corals grew at what depths and the size of some of those corals - wow!

And if I'm ever in Tokyo.... ;) I think $18 would be more than worth it to go see those whale sharks and huge rays. And don't forget the "cut-away shark" :lol:

Several of us solved the whole Mariner's-after-effect by stopping off at Pike's Pub and letting the traffic thin out. :)

Don't worry, Harbor Steps won't be on the venue list very often, it's a tad spendy. But if anyone knows another meeting hall to rent, let us know. Mercer Island Community Center is going to be closed for two years for a total rebuild.

Alice

reedman

Very good meeting! Lots of information to think about now.

Location was fine with me. The board can't please everyone. And think about how someone that lives in Seattle or the surrounding area feels about traveling to Mercer Island. Central location for the majority seems to work out best.

Nicely organized and carried out PSAS Board Members. Cudos to you all.

-Reed

Alice

I'm glad to see you made it home safely, Kevin. Did you really drive all the way back last night?

And I trust that things at the shop were all good during your first "vacation?" ;)

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I wondered how the meeting went? I would have put up with traffic if it was sharing something I really enjoyed. I wanted to go but I had to coach soccer. I let a friend down that wanted to go up there also. Maybe next time I can make it? I think sharing time and doing something you like with friends is priceless......

MarineDreamer

Est. April 2nd, 2005
I brought my wife along with me, the cute blonde in the front row, and when Mr. Delbeek was done with his presentation, she looked at her watch and said, ‘Wow, that went by really fast!’

So either Mr. Delbeek is a great orator, or my enthusiasm is rubbing off on her. And judging from the eye rolls that I get when I tell her the cost of something, it was the presentation.

Great job, Board!

By chance, could someone let me know where I could send a thank you card to Mr. Delbeek?

MzWeazelle

Apollogies all around! I don't mind the drive to Seattle - I know a lot of people drove farther than I did. Am just not up to dealing with going around in circles for over an hour trying to find a road that allows me to make a left turn! Not too much trouble like that in North Bend.

Enjoyed all the films and heard several tidbits that are helpful for things I have in my tank. Am anxiously awaiting the tank tour next month. :)

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I owe you a appoligy MzWeazelle. If you see me going around in circles for over an hour pull me over and talk about fish with me. It will calm me down..laughing. I can probably get lost easier than you? I wish you fun Buddy.
Sincerely,
Ed

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.