Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

gimmito

Evening all,

I'm in the midst of setting up a 450 L-shape tank (6' x 4' x 32"). It's made of 1" acrylic in the front and right side & 3/4" on left side and back. It has a 2" tubular steel around the perimeter that is powder coated. Gen of KritterTanks built it and did a great job !

Here are some of the equipment I'm thinking of using:

Lights-400 watt coralvue dimmable ballast w/lumenbright reflectors.

Protein Skimmer-Reeflo Prokit , Royal Exclusiv Alpha 300, or the H&S 250 in sump model (to save some space).

Calcium Reactor-Deltec PF601S (keeping mostly sps w/some lps).

Denitrator-H&S 150SR (I do like fish and would like to keep some shoals of anthias, but would like to keep nutrients down).

Return Pumps- 2 Reeflow Dart Golds (I'm thinking of using a Oceans Motions or manifold).

Contoller-Reefkeeper Elite or New Apex Aquacontroller.

Water Movement-An array of Vortech Pumps and Tunze Streams.

Sump-100 gal Eco system sump (I don't know if I'm going to actually use miracle mud)

Refugium-I would like to employ a gravity fed fuge on the upper left part of the tank.

That's all for now...I would appreciate your inputs !!

Jim

gimmito

Sure did. Gen of KritterTanks came recommended by some of the LFS. He made 20+ tanks for the new Steinhart aquarium here in San Francisco (If he's good enough for them, he's good enough for me !). We had to be creative b/c of a post that prohibited me from getting a 500 gal in there, but w/some creative rockwork you won't notice it. I wanted an open tank and Gen helped me come up w/the 2" tubular steel to brace the tank. He said it was definitely the most unique tank he's made.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts