Quantcast

Good Morning Everyone!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Good Morning To Ya All!!

Well it's Monday(Alice's favorite word) and just another day for me as my work schedule is all messed up. Will be working 5 days on and 5 days off starting this coming Saturday and will work Sat - Wed and then 5 days off and hopefully only till the end of the month and then back to 4 -10hr shifts Mon-Thurs.

Well not much going on at our place. Made the coffee and fed the cat. You know mandatory chores! ;)

Well everyone enjoy the beginning of another week! Johnny:)

G~

Super Gobie
Morning all!!

trying to pop by here more. just removed the DSB from my refugium yesterday. from the side it looked all black. when i was removing it very little of it was black. kinda interesting. it also did not super stink like i was thinking it would. there was only a thin crusty stinky layer right where the black zone started.

anywho, hope everyone has a great day.

G~

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Good morning folks looks like we get one more sunny day, then it will probibly rain for 3 months, lol. Off to work.

Hey Geoff you better drop by more often...good to see ya buddy. On the sulfur zone that is pretty normal, the sulfide zone is usually not that deep. It has bacteria above and below it that reduce other things. I am interested...how far down in the bed did the black start.

Mike

G~

Super Gobie
the sulfer zone started at about 1/2" down. at the start of the black was that hard crust, then pretty much normal sand. this DSB had only been setup just less than a year! the biggest problem was the lack of flow per size of the refugium. it was not heavy metals. :) i also do not think it was detritus buildup either. the only flow the refugium got was the output from the skimmer. this also had a strainer before that. i am pretty darn sure that within a year that much detritus could not be built up.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FLOW BABY!!

G~

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts