Quantcast

Good place for plumbing supply

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Abissus

New in Hobby
Where's a good place around Seattle for plumbing supply? I tried Home Depot and it is horrible. I can't even find something to thread onto my 1.5" bulkhead.

Thanks.

Abissus

New in Hobby
Unfortunately I do not know what the names are for the parts that I want. I am basically trying to hook up my sump. Something to connect bulkhead to a hose to the sump and back. Also connect the skimmer pump to it hopefully with a valve to control flow (darn berlin)

I'll check out those sites and see if I can find the pictures of what I'd like. Thanks!

jasontatro

Wiseguy
Sounds like you want a "barb" fitting. You can pick those up at Blue Sierra or Marine Depot for sure. Why not just use PVC?

Last edited:

big t

tankless
Hey Abysis, if your 1.5" bulkhead is threaded the fitting you want is called a 1.5" male adapter. If you cant find any I have about 5 extra ones laying around and would give you one for free. Just drive down to lakewood and see me. I am in the process of plumbing up my tank right now, you can see that thread in the DIY section. I can try to help you out a little w/ your plumbing woes in person.

Abissus

New in Hobby
Oooo, why Lakewood :( Thanks for your offer Tom.

I think I'll be alright as long as I find the parts. I mean all I want to do is connect 2 overflow bulkheads to the sump with ballvalve, Connect return pump to return line that I already have barb fittings for, and connect skimmer and skiimer pump.

I am reasonably handy (i'd like to think) so I can do it.

Thanks.

Joyce

acropora

If your B.H. is not threaded inside,you can simply use PVC solvent to glue either PVC(or better flex PVC) directly into the fitting. If you intend to use clear vinyl hose,then you can use a section of PVC -female adapter-male threaded hose barb. All available at H.D.

Oscapus

We have a very unusual hardward store down here in Olympia called Olympia Supply. It has lots of oddball stuff, even bulkheads. Surely there must be one of these oddballs in every large town? I keep a large supply of extra fittings in my closet so I have them at 2am if needed. Saved my bacon more than once.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.