Quantcast

Green Monti Cap Frags

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Hey fellow club members,

About 8 months ago I was blessed to be GIVEN a massive Green Monti Cap colony which I fragged for a few others to partake in the fun as well.

This thing has reached a diamter of over 16 inches with probably 30 leaves growing up.

If people are interested I would be happy to bring some free frags to the mtg to continue the giving :) No money or trade neccesary unless you want to.

I can probably muster at least 5-10 frags. I will try to get a pic up. I will say this, when I got it it had been under 250W MH and was a light green. 30 inches under my 400's the colony has turned into a true grass green.

dnjan

alveopora
When I read that it had gotten to 16" diameter, I was glad that I put it up for adoption when I did. It grew fast enough under my lighting - by now it probably would have been pushing the front of the tank out.

Do you have a better picture of it under your lighting? I would like to compare to what mine looks like.

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
I'll work on a pic for ya but my brother has my digital camera for the weekend which means the picture will be post fragging, but I will none the less.

dnjan

alveopora
Thanks for posting the picture. Looks good! These aren't the brightest colored Monti's, but they make a nice background to set off other corals, and I really like the growth form with all those scallops. Hope you didn't have anything underneath it that is being robbed of light now.

I have another one that I may need to remove soon. It is overshadowing a pachyseries and a Blastomussa merleti. If I can get it out in one piece (like I did last time), it will go as a colony. Otherwise, lots of frags.

plack

Sea Otter
would you still have any frags and how much do you want for one .It looks beautiful I live in bothell near thrashers corner south of mill creek and bothell everette hwy. would like to see your tank sometime if thats ok? Thanks :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts