Quantcast

H.O.T. Magnum 250

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

dwall174

I have a H.O.T. Magnum 250 that is creating a lot of micro bubbles! It’s making a gurgling sound & there seems to be air trapped at the top of the unit? I have tried various ways to prime it including using a small powerhead to force the trapped air out. I even tried removing that little air tube that’s on the riser/center section! A friend of mine told me that tube was just to help prime it? Anyway with or without that little tube I still have trapped air in the top! There’s no cuts or tears in either of the small round gaskets or the top “O” Ring! Any idea on how the air is getting in?

dwall174

Hum no ideas?
I may just pick up some new gaskets & O rings! Even though they are not cut or tore! Maybe they could just ware out in time?

big t

tankless
Hey that little tube is to suck out all that air in the top down into the motor and blow it out. There is a good chance that the little orings in the elbows could be leaking a little. I would try greasing them up a little w/ some vasaline, before going out and getting new ones. Did it used to work ok? I have one of these also, and the only purpose I have for it is once a month vacuuming of the sump.

gobie

dave the gobie
I Had The Same Problem So I Usaed To Take A Power Head And Back Flow It (push Water In The Outlet)

dwall174

big t said:
Did it used to work ok? I have one of these also, and the only purpose I have for it is once a month vacuuming of the sump.
I didn't notice it before! However, I also mainly used it for vacuuming & I use it to run carbon for about a week once a month! Lately I have been running it 24/7 in a pre-filter tank just to help remove debris & provide extra water flow. Just since I started running it 24/7 is when I have noticed the bubble problem. By letting it run 24/7 I also have a cycled filter that I can use for a quarantine or hospital tank!
gobie said:
I Use To Take A Power Head And Back Flow It
Yea I have already tried that! Both the inlet & backwards through the outlet!

I'll double check the O rings again, I forgot about the little ones in the tubes!

dwall174

big t said:
Hey that little tube is to suck out all that air in the top down into the motor and blow it out.
It turns out that little tube is the same size (3/16) as the ridged air lines for a UGF! I replaced the whole tube with a new piece & that seemed to do it Thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.