Quantcast

Have SCWD want to use it in my New 90 with duel overflows and coast to coast...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I have a problem with mounting my return lines with SCWD from my sump now. My J tube returns will not fit over my coast to coast with duel overflow. So I have to mount my returns into the back of the IAP tank or from the overflows. I like the Idea of the mounting them in the overflow so I get alternated burst from end to end. OH Mister Wizard, get me out of this mess......

wanareef

reefer addict
i have a SCWD on a CL and it 'sucks". Take's away from the flow, a lot. Using an Iwaki 40 to push it.

Good luck with the plumbing

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Hello Wanareef,
I am using the SCWD for a return from my sump. Last night We drilled through the back of the Tank. I decided to use Loc Line so I could alternate Flow in the middle of Tank. Rico took pictures. We are playing with the idea of using Dolphin 2100 or a Mag 18 to power my SCWD. I know I can only go up to 1400 gallons per hour with SCWD. I am currently using the Mag 18 on my 90 AGA. I had a problem with restriction with my SCWD once. I found out it was my check valve. I previously had a spring loaded check valve.
Good Luck,
Ed

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Ok, I am not starting another thread. The past week there has been many modifications done to my 90 IAP Tank. The bottom spray bar designed by Mojo is gorgeous. A extra 1 1/2 inch intake for Closed loop was plumbed. A total of two intakes for less suction in one area was placed on the opposite side of back panel. The plumbing is getting more and more extensive as time goes on. My wife said I could relocate my tank so plumbing space is not a issue(Whew, what a releif that was..). My tank will need about a foot of clearance behind it. The problem we did not expect was the holes for dursos need to be moved for clearance of my stand. A plate of Brents half inch dark acrylic glued into this spot and redrilled will fix that(Thanks Brent). Most of the parts are glued in with union valves and ball valves for easy replacement. I have to visit Kevin for a one inch and half Gate Valve to restrict flow from now Dolphin 2100 return pump. Rico has taken pictures galore. The question about the safety valve dealt with the purchase of a 3/4 union check valve. I came to the conclusion I need a larger sump and possibly a refugeum for fish or etc. So I emailed Brent at Barr Aquatics( Man with too big of Brain) and asked him for a design of sump. I know he is very busy but that will have to be done before I can finish my tank. The tank will be tested for one week to make sure there are no leaks. I will have to get rid of some Live Rock I am sure with the two overflow Boxes. My Closed Loop includes two 3/4 inch Sea Swirls on front corners of tank and a spray bar with 4 outlets with 3/4 inch dual flared knozzles(Like Nikki's Tank). The return line from my Dolphin will include a gate valve for throttling down pressure to feed SCWD and maybe etc. I may add my UV to this line for recirculation to sump or refugeum. That is the latest.
Help me out Rick please...Pictures please?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts