Quantcast

Hayward Ball Valve operation

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

ReefSwimmer

I just setup a closed loop system on my tank last weekend and it is great - with one little problem.

It's for a 180 gallon (5 foot long by 2 1/2 foot wide by 2 foot high) tank. The pump is a Dolphin 3600. 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe from the pump through a Hayward EAU28 Actuated Ball Valve that connects to 4 1/2 inch outlets on the right and 4 1/2 inch outlets to the left of the tank.

The idea is for the Hayward valve to direct flow left then right switching every few seconds. I connected the Hayward valve to 110 AC power, but the valve doesn't change flow. There wasn't any instruction with the valve, other than where to connect power to on the valve. I've looked on the internet, but can't find instruction even on the Hayward site. I sent them e-mail, but they haven't responded.

If anyone uses this system and can let me know what I'm doing wrong on the ball valve, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks!!

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Hey reefswimmer. you really cant just plug the valve in. The way it works it that you power one side and the valve turns that way and then stops, then you power it the other way and it turns that way and stops. you need to have a unit called a random repeat timer. I will put a picture down below, I know Aquatic eco systems sells it. I use this one to run both my units. From here it is an easy wiring job and it allows you to set the timer from 15 seconds to 300 hours.

mike

Stircrazy

ReefSwimmer said:
I got mine at Custom Aquatics, they have several different sizes 1/2 inch up to 2 inches. Here's a link. They're not cheap.
:eek: your not kidding, I think that will go on hold for a while unless I can find them at a pool supply house or something for a lot less

Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.