Quantcast

Help, I need information about a Baytech 1/4 chiller.

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I purchased a 1/4 horse Baytech Chiller. Can anyone give me more information about this item. I am looking for specs and parts.
Thanks in Advance
Ed

Gordo

Ed,

From what I read on news group post that where dated back in the early 90's it's a drop in chiller (bet you already knew that ;)). The thermostat is on the probe and it is not adjustable. The standard config comes with a 76 degree probe. I couldn't any info on that after around '96. They must have gone out of business.

Gordo

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Thanks Gordo,
You found a lot more information than I did. I was concerned if I can control it with a newer type controller. I am hoping I can convert it. I am hoping to find the original probe. If anyone finds anymore information, I would love it. I found this thread on the Krib and that was it earlier. I wonder who bought them out. Thanks Gordo, I look forward to returning the favor.

sincerely
Ed

Bob021

Baytech Chiller

Ed, You can bypass the probe and make it an on/off type of operation ,I'm looking for the probe myself but have bypassed it for now>>

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts