Quantcast

Help Me with my green tree

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

forsaken541

I got a great green tree frag and set him up in the sand and he seemed to be happy but would constantly get blown out of the sand and end up laying on his side. I went and got some gel type crazy glue and glued him down to a small sized piece of rock. Ever since he has looked very limp and is not extending his buds out hardly at all. What has happened. No tank params have changed and all other softies inc xenia, candy cnae, zoo's, and shrooms look great and are open and doing well. I will try and get a pic of him to post. Pl,ease help I really like this little guy,
Erik

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Forsaken,
Kenya Trees are softies. They do not have a hard body like LPS or SPS. They usually shed their outer skin when glued down. You may want to try to attach it to a small rock with a rubber band. It should attach itself to rock within a short time. You do not want to really tighten rubber band. Just allow rubber band to hold softie in place snuggly.

Good Luck,
Ed :oops:
Is snuggley a word? I mean tight but not overly tight.

wrightme43

Curt shared a great way I had never thought of with me. Take two small pieces of live rock and put a rubber band around them. open the two pieces of rock and put the softie frag inbetween them. I have been using v shaped pieces with a straight piece it seems to hold together best for me. HTH Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts