Quantcast

Help urgently need for cowfish!!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

tougei

Dear all,

I hope you can help me save my cowfish.

When we brought it home a month ago, it has this spot that grew and ate into its body. Now, there is a hug hole at its side. It is still eating normally but his condition seems to be deteriorating. I'm really at a loss as I am still very new to the rearing of marine fish. Could someone please advise me on what to do? Thanks!!

gobie

dave the gobie
its a bacterial infection I don't recall the name of it off hand but it is the same one you hear about onthe news that happens to people.a strong antibiotic is in order in a hospitial tank. and mela fix/prima fix and keep feeding good luck!

tougei

Hi Gobie

Apologies for my ignorance but I'm really a novice :oops:

Where do I get hold of the right antibiotic for it? and what's a mela fix/prima fix?

NaH2O

tougei - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! Can you tell us a little about your set-up/system? Do you have a quarantine tank? You may benefit from Terry's consultation service, which is a great resource. Here is a link: Saltwater Consultation.

wrightme43

I have never experinced it. Though I do know where to get mela fix and pima fix.
If I remember correctly, Mela fix is teatree oil you can get a pet stores, pima fix is another oil you can get at the same place. The antibiotics are gram negitive and gram positive and at the fish store as well, I just dont know which one you need. Like Nikki said talk to terry, he is the fish master. LOL. He can hook you up with what you need to know. HTH Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.