Quantcast

Help

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

johnehr

Ignorant and Oblivious
My ammonia is at 2ppm (or whatever the scale is), nitrates at .5ppm, and nitrates at 20ppm. I believe that I have to do a massive water change to save my snails and hermit crabs in my 60 gallon tank. I dont have anything larger than a 5 gallon bucket. Does anyone have any ideas that could help?

Im thinking that I should buy some water. Should I go to below sea level and buy mixed salt water for $.75 a gallon or go to the aquarium and get their stuff for $.10 + a $10 one time fee?

johnehr

Ignorant and Oblivious
This is a new 60 gal tank. 120 lbs live rock (50lbs of it out of another 3 year old tank) with a sump and 10 gallon tank/refugium holding sand and rubble rock. I have 6 hermits, 3 turbo snails, stuff that hitched a ride on the live, live rock, and a brittle star (it hid in the rock that I bought). A week ago I had 0 ammonia and nitrites. I just bought a nitrate test...

NaH2O

How long has the tank been set-up? Was the rock uncured or cured? If you are concerned for your inhabitants and you know someone with a tank, perhaps they can "critter-sit" for you until the tank has finished it's cycle.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts