Quantcast

Hey! It's a ... ?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MzWeazelle

Hmm ... when I thought of a BTA "splitting" I got a picture that was much closer to a 50-50 division!

Hopefully the shot I'm attaching will be big enough to see. I swear, there is a tiny GBTA (maybe a little bigger than a pencil eraser) in the center of that red circle. :eek2:

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
Hard to say without a clearer pic and it being so small, but it looks very much like a Mojano anemone. It also looks like a bud of a Galaxea as well.

That would be pretty neat if it was a micro-BTA.

gobie

dave the gobie
its looking an anemone is this as far as it expands. if you can shoot a better picture when it fully extends it might be more identifiable.

MzWeazelle

Mojano - no, I don't think so. The color doesn't show up very well in the picture, but it very definitely has bright green tips.

Galaxea - maybe, since I do have one in my tank. I assumed it was a small BTA since it's only about 2 inches from the base of my GBTA. Not much lives that close to the BTA for very long, but looking closer at it, you may very well be right. Drat!

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Yea I agree not a majono. Kind of looks like a spud from a torch coral. Give it some time and see if it starts making a skeliton.

Mike

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts