hi all

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

H

H3R0

hey im new to these forums, my names ryan. im 17 and i work at midway pet if anyone knows where that is. anyways just introducing myself and heres some pics of my tank http://www.gaav.net/tank

its about three weeks along so not very cool yet but its getting there.
all i need for it now is some halides :)

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Welcome :)

three weeks?

Lots of stuff in there for three weeks....
I hope you mean three weeks post cycle.

H

H3R0

nope ;)

but i did use "instant cycle sand" and a tide pool bio wheel that i had use for a while in another tank. i know its fast but i have an unlimited spending account... unfortunatly im now in debt quite a bit... i have worked at the pet store for three years and ill have to work there for another three just to pay it of... its worth it tho :)

H

H3R0

my wall was covered in stickers and stuff, i took most of it off but i got too lazy to take that one off.... typical 17 year old ;)

Doug1

In the second pic down, what is the red thing lower left on the sand, is that a flame scallop or a distressed flame angel?
BTW, Welcome :)

H

H3R0

oh and this lil guys polyps are really exposed anyone know why?
http://www.gaav.net/tank/PA310179.JPG

Doug1

You know they have a dismal survival rate in captivity:( Is that a tridacnid clam? are you trying to keep it under PC lighting? And working at a pet store I am sure you are aware that damsels can be mean and territorial, often times making it difficult to add the fish you really want later on. Don't mean to come down so hard on you, but it's a really young tank and it needs to settle down before adding a lot to it. Good luck

G~

Super Gobie
Welcome!!!

let me know if you find anything that eats that caleurpa you have growing in there. i am still trying to find something smaller than a vlamingi tang to eat that stuff. ;)

G~

Mushroom Boy

Welcome aboard Ryan!

Tank looks like it's off to a good start. I would definitely slow down on the stocking of the tank, though. That's a lot of stuff in there for a 3 week old tank. Slow and sure will get you there a lot faster in the end... :)

Good luck with it!
Paul.

H

H3R0

i have kept scallops for a while longest being 5 months being fed dt's. and yea thats a derasa hes doing good but i do plan on puting halides on there when my store starts carrying custom sea life pc/mh fixtures... and as far as the damsel the truth is i dont plan on putting that many fish in and if i do, the stuff i like is like blue dot jaw fish and other gobies and blennys. the culerpa is in there cause my bicolor eats the algae that grows on it... i have done quite a few tanks like this but you must understand i do 20% a week water changes and i have quite a bit of filtration on this tant that was pre-cycled... i dont know but everything is doing great as of now. i was wondering if anyone knew a place to get some NICE mushrooms>?

OnTheReef

Re: where can I find some *nice* mushrooms

Just like everything else, mushroom stocks vary widely, but here are some places to check:

http://www.reeffarmers.com
http://www.premiumaquatics.com
The Fish Store - Seattle U district on Roosevelt
Below Sea Level - Seattle U district on Roosevelt
Saltwater City - North of Greenlake on Aurora

Last I checked, both Reef Farmers and The Fish Store had some really nice color variations.

Also keep in mind that mushrooms will change their color over time to adapt to lighting conditions. I have one that I intentiionally shaded that is a deep velvet green, but is the red and green striped variety.