Quantcast

How long to keep food in the fridge?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
I am curious how long people keep their fish food in the fridge? I am feeding frozen krill, mysis, and the occassional brine, and want to know how long is ok for this to sit in the fridge once is has been dethawed.

I normally feed it after it thaws, and then throw out the remainder daily, but I am curious if the food will still be alright to feed say the next day.

What do you do?

Thank you,

Eliyah

Doug1

I would think so if it's covered and all that. I always just cut off the right amount to feed, put it in a shot glass of tank water and thawed it 10 min or so

Mushroom Boy

Hi Eliyah.

If I can remember to do it, I put the next day's portion of frozen food in the refrigerator the night before feeding. Otherwise, I use the method Doug described above (just make sure it's a clean shot glass :D )

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Thanks Doug1 and Paul, I definately use clean fresh glasses/shot glass. I actually haven't bought any food that I can regulate as I have been feeding Hikari Frozen Mysis and Krill.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Eliyah

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.