How to post photos as images and not as attachments

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Scooterman

Administrator
Working fine, what are you doing exactly? This is from photo bucket. Yes I always add the tags to make them show up. If it was something else, then shoot MOJO a pm! :D

Attachments

Last edited:

returnofsid

Reef Fanatic
I thinks it's that the tags need to be added, manually. Prior to the most recent update, the tags were added automatically. If you use the same Image Location, that you use to use, it doesn't work. You have to now use Url, instead of Image Location.

If you noticed, your second photo isn't showing up. Did you add each photo differently? In each of your posts, 1 photo is displayed, the other is an attached image link.

Last edited:

Scooterman

Administrator
yes I uploaded the link photo direct from my computer, as it should it shows up as a link but you can now convert that to show up on the post with tags after it is uploaded.

returnofsid

Reef Fanatic
Yes. That's completely different from how it used to work and more complicated. You used to be able to use Image Location, from Photo Bucket, flickr, etc., and Img Tags were automatically added. You can still use Image Location, but need to manually add the Img Tags, as it now automatically asks for a Url, where it used to automatically bracket the Image Location in Img Tags. There is an option, in the settings, for Admin to allow photos to be added, using Img Tags. That setting probably defaulted to Off, with the most recent update. We went through this exact scenario, when we did the huge upgrade. It took awhile to find that setting, back then, and turn it on.

IPisces

I cant up load a pic form photobucket at all. The Image link is giving me the option of either insert image (from computer) or (form URL). I have tried pasting all the links from photobucket into the URL box and it tells me "Invalid URL" on all of them.
I can post them in a PM but the Image link there only gives me the option for URL.

returnofsid

Reef Fanatic
Until they figure out how to turn on the Img Tag settings back on, you can manually add the Img Tags. It'll look like this: Remove the Asterisks (*)

[IMG*]Image Location Goes Here[/IMG*]

You get the Image Location, usually by Right Clicking and choosing Copy Image Location. Another way is to copy the Image Location that some photo sites, such as Photobucket, give you.

When we did the huge upgrade, it took Mojo and I an hour or more, on the phone, going through the Admin Settings, to find the setting to turn on IMG TAGS permissions.

IPisces

Until they figure out how to turn on the Img Tag settings back on, you can manually add the Img Tags. It'll look like this: Remove the Asterisks (*)

[IMG*]Image Location Goes Here[/IMG*]

You get the Image Location, usually by Right Clicking and choosing Copy Image Location. Another way is to copy the Image Location that some photo sites, such as Photobucket, give you.
Oh cool...thanks Micheal

pandora32

Hey there Krish.
I just tried to post pictures instead of links using imageshack. It still posted them as a link to the picture at their site. I am sure I screwed it up, but how?...:dizzy:

Krish

RF STAFF
Hey there Krish.
I just tried to post pictures instead of links using imageshack. It still posted them as a link to the picture at their site. I am sure I screwed it up, but how?...:dizzy:
Sorry I missed it! :oops:. You have to make sure you copy and paste the "forum code" in your reply which you get from imageshack when you upload your picture. That is the only one that will post a full picture. If you are pasting that command here and it isn't working let me know. Might be something with your settings. Also, let us me know the size of your file you are trying to upload and what format.:)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts

Group builder