Quantcast

I finally posted a pict of my tank.

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

Here is a recent picture of my new 55 gallon that I'm setting up. The picture shows my latest attempt at aquascaping. The tank is in it's 4th week of cycling.

mattseattle

i still have traces of ammonia and nitrates/nitrites are flucuating right now. so i would say i'm near the end but i'm going to let it go another 4 or so weeks before i think about adding anything. i'm going to do it right this time! when i was a teenager i hurried things and lost alot of critters due to my ignorance and all.

i really haven't had a huge algae problem. i have a tiny bit growing on the glass but nothing like i thought i would have. everyday i use a powerhead to blow off the living rock and i go around the glass. maybe that has helped.

mattseattle

yeah, slowly getting there....i am proud of the progress.

i'm redoing the hood now so i can add some metal halides in a few weeks. i'll end up redoing the aquascaping as well after i get the sand from you. right now my DSB is a little over 4".

mattseattle

cycling is done

my tank finished cycling this week. ammonnia and all are at 0 now. i'm doing my first water change today! *happy dance*

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
RIght on Matt its coming around real good. It will be a full blown reef real quick

congrates

Mike

Katchupoy

Very nice tank...

Matt,

That is a very nice looking tank you have there.

Take note also, that everytime you change your light, you will have a mini algae bloom. That goes the same when adding livestock like fish and corals.

cath

I love your aquascaping, Matt! Though I might be a tadd jealous that it looks so clean ;)

mattseattle

i'll post a recent picture in the next day or so. the algae growth is a little more...but not a whole lot. tonight it's kinda cloudy due to my recent snail spawning event. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.