Quantcast

Id Lta

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

reefer

So what kind of LTA is it? So far it rolled over my LT Plate coral and half killed it and killed my peppermint shrinp. It must have a very potent sting. Would a BTA be a better choice?

reefer

Thanks Kevin,
Now that he's settled in I think you're probably right. He got the plate coral after I thought he was attached to a rock and he rolled off and drifted across the bottom. I had a net over him while I waited for him to attach but should have put him in the sand first off. The clarkii has dug a big enough hole in the sand that he can't drift much now. I read up a little after his drifting episode and stuck him in the sand wedged between some rocks and he seems content now. Just watch out you curious shrimp I guess.
The LT Coral is about half gone and is looking better but it didn't do him any good. He slimmed pretty good for a few days but that seems to have slowed down. He will extend his tentacles occasionally anyway. I watched it as it happened and thought the coral had got the anemone by the way the anemonie jumped, but actually the anemone got the best of the coral.

mattseattle

just be careful feeding your LTA. i was feeding mine little pieces of fresh shrimp when i first got it. it was about 3" at the base....well now about 2 months later it's probably close to 8" across. i've stopped feeding it and let it just depend on light and filter feeding now as i'm afraid it's going to outgrow my tank.

last night i had a turbo snail fall into the LTA and well it's just a shell now so it's still getting some food :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.