Quantcast

Indirect lighting question

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

J McCauley

For those of you that have a tank in a room that is "lived" what do you do about the lights in the room going on and off through out the day? Doesn't this stress the inhabitants of the tank?

I have my 125 in the family room and the room has lights going on and off from 5:00 am until 12:00 midnight. This seems to be a problem or is it?

wrightme43

I never worry about it. I figure if cats, dogs, birds, and people can handle it, so can my fish and corals. I guess if I had like 600Watts of light going on and off in the living room I would, but then again I probley wouldnt need lights on my tank then. LOL I know if I get up in the middle of the night and shine a flashlight into the tank the fish wake up and want fed, it I dont feed them they just go back to sleep. HTH Steve

Scooterman

Administrator
I have an evening lighting peroid, from 3 pm to 3am, it once was 5pm to 5am but timers got behind & I just left it that way lol. If I have lots of people over, I usually cover the tank if the lights or off.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts