Quantcast

Injured Cucumber?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Mugg1977

Emperor
I have a standard black cucumber in my cleaner crew (except this one is yellow). It has a slit going partially down its back. I believe it came that way from the LFS. The slit seems to have a white cottony substance covering it and this substance streams off of the cuke at times. I haven't noticed anything attack the cuke. Is this normal? If so, what is it for, if not, any possibilities of wat could have happened? Thanks.

John

seaham358

Could be a bacterial infection. I had one that had the same thing happen, I had him over 1.5 years then one day I saw this white spot on him. Over a few months it got bigger then bigger. Then it started having white stuff come out of it. I took him out and put him in the freezer to kill him at that point. They say they will mess up a tank if they die in it.
I talked to a LF wholesale warehouse and he deals with thousands of SW critters and he said it was a bacterial infection. I would keep a eye on it and if its get bad I would take it out.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.