Quantcast

Interested in DIY Moonlights?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Hey All,

Given the cool casual format of the upcoming DIY worshop. I'd be happy to set up a little DIY moonlight workshop.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll get the supplies.

Thanks,
John

deadrose

I'm interested in being interested at least :) Would this be a demo of how to make them, or we all pony up and build our own right there? Generally what sort of costs and tools would be needed for assembly, whether there or at home?

Heidi

Witfull

mine was less than $5.00 and works great. night lite with sensor-$1.99,,,extension cord $1.99,,, dab of silicone $0.021,,, awesome feeling of being great and cheap...PRICELESS!!

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Night light

But LED's are so cool! The direct focused light LED's put off and maintain the ripple effect throughout the tank like metal halides.

Very cool idea with the light sensor!

deadrose

Looks like I'll wait on the materials and just observe at the meeting. Life just decided to get super crazy on me again.

Heidi

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
not a problem.

BTW!!! I made a big mistake in my terminaology... These are wired in parralel not a series!! I am sorry for that... I am a novice.

Note: Blue LED's typically are rated for higher voltage than the other colored bulbs. Also the AC in DC out adapters usually run at higher voltages than they are rated at (4.5 often runs at 6 or 7) Adding a 100ohm resistor to each bulb will help with your bulb life and prevent premature burnouts.

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Whoohoo! Those looks great!! I'm glad someone was able to use the idea and take a picture of them in operation! They sure look bright.

lol flashing huh? Coral disco...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts