Quantcast

Is this mean to my Clowns???

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

uwscotch

So, I feel my tank is over-stocked and many will agree. Anyways, I have been trying to raise larvae isolated from my main tank with poor success. After many months, i finally broke down and started to culture Rotifers. Green water is growing well, make my own fertilizer, all is well. So since i have gone to this work, i would like to increase the number of larvae I capture and relieve the pressure on my tank. I want to set up a 20 long with live rock and powerfilter??, maybe just rock with water circulation. I plan on using cheap fluorescent lite just to give them a lite cycle to breed with. Here in lies the problem. My clown love my anenome. They defend it fearlessly and only leave them to feed. The tank they will go into will not support these animals and i am surprised my current tank does ( a lot of direct feedings). I know the clowns do not need the anenome, but I feel horrible about doing this to them. What do you think?? In the end, it is best for my main tank and my fry survival. Help.

Alice

They're going to bite you every time you stick your hand in the new tank.

I'm just kidding! ;) They'll be stressed for awhile, but they'll be all right. Make sure they have plenty of hiding places in their new digs. It may take them a bit to get back into the breeding routine, though.

uwscotch

Thanks Alice

I just wanted to make sure no one thought this would be cruel and unusual. I like to think that their little minds will completely forgot about the existance of anenomes within a week or two. I love the way i animaporphimize (sp?) with my tank and I am suppose to be a scientist. By the way, the small cut I made in one of my anenomes has healed leaving an indentation where I snipped it. No further lateral fusion however. Maybe I will try a more aggressive cut to see if I can convince it to split. We will see.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts