Quantcast

It's a .....

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

deadrose

*beam*

I am the proud mother of a bouncing baby sandstorm!

So far everything has gone very smoothly, other than the stand carpentry, which suddenly changed from reasonably attractive to ugly-but-functional when my jigsaw decided it no longer worked and I faced the prospect of doing everything with a handsaw.

My daughter learned why she should wear gloves when working with tank stuff... she was digging through the sand to find shells and coral skeletons, ended up with worm bristles or some other sort of hairlike splinters in her hand. I should just buy meat tenderizer in bulk :-D

I definitely have a lot of extra sand (from MtnDewMan's tank originally), so if someone needs it and is willing to come to Vashon to get it, it's all yours.

Heidi

mattseattle

hey Heidi,

Wasn't that sand fun to wash :) I got about 90 lbs or so from him as well to finish off my tank. Took me about 4 hours to wash it and sift it through a kitchen collander to get all the 'stuff' out. i just put it in on saturday.....my biggest mistake was leaving about an inch of water in the tank and pouring the sand through that water. what a mess....my tank is just starting to clear up today. i was doing aquascaping purely by touch and feel. i could actually see my work today....not too bad for only being able to feel the rock and it's placement.

i have probably about 5 - 10 lbs left so if anyone needs some clean sand it's yours.

deadrose

Ehh, you're right, Chuck, sorry! Yes, the sand was from Paul and you gave me the rock!

Sorry for being a ditz

Heidi

deadrose

Oh, I've dealt with the freshwater version quite a few times, such as taking out old undergravel filters when given someone else's setup, fish and all.... that one could've knocked you over with its stench. The fish were certainly happier :)

Heidi

mattseattle

oh yeah i remember those days as well. it's been since i was a teenager though since i've had a freshwater tank.

my tank is clear today. looks so much nice with the sand bed higher....the lights definitely seem brighter and sparkle more.

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hi, i'm actually looking for around 50 lbs of aragonite sand. Do you guys still have some extra left? And if possible, to bring to the frag swap?

I decided to put 2 inches in my 29 gallon prop tank.

Thanks,

Elmo

mattseattle

hey Elmo

I actually have a little left.....i would say about 10 lbs maybe a little more or maybe a little less. i will bring it to the frag swap tomorrow. i will be a little late though as i have class from 9 - 5 then have to drive from seattle to covington but i'll be there.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts