Quantcast

KENYA Tree reproducing...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Katchupoy

Hi to all, I just want to share to you my kenya tree...

I bought it last june of 2003. About 1.5 inch in size...

Here is July 2003 picture...

Here is October 2003

Here is the Dec 2004 picture- about 4 to 5 inches tall... Take a close look on part where it looks like that its bloating....

another closer look...

3 days ago... it fell...and i thought at first that it just went back to its normal appearance. But I was wrong. I found out that there is a small one attached to a rock close to its mother colony.

Very neat...

j.stagner

Seeker of knowledge
I have one of those corals that is about 7" tall now. It was about 1" tall when I got it. Now, it's dropping branches every week or two, and I've got about 10 of the babies doing extremely well. I wish I was better at taking photos so I could share.

Great photos! I love seeing progression photos like this. Nice looking coral, too.

Katchupoy

someone told me from another forum... that when they start doing that bloat thing... you can actually pull them off so you can attach it by glue or something to a designated area and not everywhere where flow takes them...

In this case it will be like controlled propagation. They said that your tank to be a Kenya tree tank...

if you have a seperate prop tank, then you can just drop them there. This is specially good when you have loose rubbles on your prop tank so you can trade them later on.

will71

if it is like the one i had it is uncontrolled prop i had to start giving the frags away i finally gave the mother colony to a friend of mine and i still have 10 or so frags in my tank a couple are 4 inches already when it bloats just wave your hand near it and the babies will usually come loose no pulling needed mine didnt even close up when i did this

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.