Quantcast

Lets talk about something

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jasontatro

Wiseguy
This may have been done already, but I would be interested in discussing lighting spectrum. Which to use for optimal growth vs. color etc.

mattseattle

lighting discussion would be great. i've looked at tons of various bulbs, spectrums, and all and have no idea what to buy. right now i'm running Iwasaki's 6500k 250w lights. little yellow for me but the polyps, clams and all seem to really like them. everything is more extended than in the past. i've also ran 10k bulbs and all. nice white light. i'm looking for something that has a little more blue but also has good coral growth, etc.

reedman

Alternatives to commercial aquarium products (i.e. Pickling lime, washing soda, peristaltic pumps not labeled "for aquarium use").

Use of a light meter to determine life of bulbs.

Equipment rooms/closets.

Just a few ideas I'd like more info on.

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
I agree with Jason & reedman, alternatives to commercial aquarium products would be quite interesting especially for those of us who haven't been in the hobby for many years...like me :D.

I would also vote for lighting, that is always a good topic since we need light to make our corals grow.

Eliyah

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Oh man not chemistry, lol my head hurts just thinking about it. Let start with lighting. ed we can through some temp in thier to, as it can be related.

Mike

reedman

Mojo...you chicken. No wonder the Canucks can't win a cup...with fans afraid to talk about chemistry, how can the team have any. LOL :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.