Quantcast

Lighting for my sump/fuge?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

CarlS

So I'm trying to get decent reliable lighting for my fuge under my tank. I had the LOA fixture but it blew out and I'd rather not have to replace it every 6 months. So as a quick fix I got a clip on work light and a twisted fluorescent bulb. Unfortunetly it didn't do the trick. I think it was my choice in bulbs, I couldn't find any high wattage plant bulbs at HD that were fluorescent.

So I got my spare dual 30w NO fluorescent ballast and wondering if I get 2 36" grow light bulbs for that if it would be good enough? Or should I just go back to LOA fixture or is there a special twisted bulb/grow bulb I could buy that I didn't see at HD?

Carl

Doug1

I had the LOA 65w/6500K that seemed to be good cheap alternative till it went into stroboscopic mode then died, I didnt buy another, since I bought it at a HD 250 miles away.
I have seen a few algue tanks run on the bell shaped plant gro bulbs in cheapo clampon reflectors, those seem to work OK

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts