Quantcast

Livestock in sump/ref

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

iamjosh

Ok so everything looks good for getting a new 125 Gallon Reef Ready Glass tank. So I'll have a Sump/Ref below.. What can you have living in the lower area? I'm thinking it'd be a good place to put cool things that are Reef/other fish friendly.. Like could i put eels down there? Thoughts/Idea/comments lets hear em.

Thanks,
josh

cdeakle

I currently have a mandarin in my sump/refugium combo, had to get her closer to the food source. Lust make sure the refugium area is setup so that there will be no jail breaks. Mine is perfectly made for no escapees but she still tries her best LOL

iamjosh

Thanks for the info.

I wonder what else people keep down there. Eels look cool but aren't tank friendly, wonder if the sump/ref combo area is a good place to keep agrassive fish that look cool...

Come on.. Who else has livestock in the sump/ref?

Doug1

Sumps are often used as a holding tank for non reef friendly or wayward animals.
Refugiums is by definition a place of refuge from predation, limiting the variety of animals that can be kept there.
Beyond that you can pretty much do whatever you want, if time , money, and building talent allow.
Just plan it out before hand, ask advice and have fun :)

acropora

I have a yellow tang from hell who killed several other fish,including a Purple tang and Sohol tang. I have a large sump and he has been living there for three years.

iamjosh

Good to know acropra, Thanks for the info, I can only hope to keep fish alive for that long. I've only had the setup for a few months so far.

-j

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.