Quantcast

Local Acrylic Source?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Mushroom Boy

Anyone know of a good local source for acrylic pipe? I'm in the process of building a kalk reactor and need to get my hands on some. Thanks!

Paul M.

MtnDewMan

A Kalk reactor huh? oh boy !!!!! Sounds like a fun project. Using a pump? Using a magnetic Stirrer??? That reminds me, I think my kalk reactor needs some kalk soon ... :rolleyes:

Mushroom Boy

I'll be using a pump on this one. Probably a Maxijet750 with reduced impellers to slow the flow a bit. With the design of my new sump, I'll only be replenishing about .3 gallons everytime the RO unit kicks on, so my earlier concerns of overdosing shouldn't be an issue, knock on wood of course :(

Grouperdog

Tap Plastics in Bellevue is a good source . I have been there a few times and always found what I needed, ask for Rodney he has a saltwater tank. If you do talk with him bring up the club again, I mentioned it to him last time I was there but that was a few months ago. Phone number for Taps is 425-861-0940 in case you want to call first and see if they have what you need.

RockyHeap

Evil Genius
What size of tubing are you looking for Paul?

I may have some 4" diameter clear, thick 1/4" wall section of tube about 3-4 foot long......

I'll have to dig around in my shop for it, or I've got 2-3 old skimmers that might work out for you too. I've got a Red Sea Berlin and another taller skimmer air-stone style skimmer with a nice big stable base.

PM or email me if interested....

Heapster

Mushroom Boy

Hey Dave.

I need some that has the same OD as 4" PVC. I'm not sure exactly what that dimension is, though. I'm using 4" PVC couplers and what not in the construction. If you've got some, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands for you :)

Paul.

R

reeferwanted

Try GE Polymer near Southcenter they are the cheapest by far and supply most of the wholesalers

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts