Quantcast

Local source for John Guest fittings?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

osterman

Larry
Anybody know where I can get John Guest quick disconnect fittings locally? They have some at McLendon's, but not the valve I'm looking for. -Larry

G~

Super Gobie
yep HD carries them, even on the East coast. now if they would just carry anything plastic in 1/4" thread i would be set.:(

G~

DonW

R.I.P.
Not tacoma, just cheap Wells knock-offs at a John Guest price. Ball valves leak, orings can not handle long term saltwater. Mclendons sells a quality fitting (knowck-offs). Not JG but doesnt leak.

Don

osterman

Larry
Found Watts brand fittings in the Woodinville HD, the same as the Woodinville McLendons. HD had a more complete selection for a change, including the valve I was looking for. Glad I kept looking for them even after the salesman said they didn't carry them.

DonW

R.I.P.
Watts thats what I was thinking of not Wells. Mclendons in Puyallup has the better ones. I have had at least a dozen bad ball valves from HD. The saltwater eats the oring seal for the valve.
But on a good note. If your run a forsner bit through the stop in the 1/2 npt straight fitting. They make a perfect water tight PH probe holder / fitting. They lock in so they can be under pressure.

Don

Last edited:

big t

tankless
That is a good point Don, I am planning on my phaze 2 reactor and I am going to have my ph probe inline right before or after the pump. I had heard that works really well, and wanna try it out.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.