Quantcast

logging out

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

davejan

I'm having problems logging my son (davejan) out and logging myself (dnjan) in. I go the the logout button, it tells me he is logged out, I return to the home page, and it welcomes him (rather than giving me the option to login).

Any suggestions?

NaH2O

Hmmm....I have the same problem. Let me send a link of this thread to an Admin.

MtnDewMan

Definately a cookies thing ... This site runs off of two domains, so it makes handling cookies a bit difficult ...

If you delete any cookies with thepsas in it or any cookie with reefrontiers in it, then everything will work fine. I try to make everything work on reeffrontiers.com ... but if you use both methods (reefrontiers.com, thepsas.org) then you get both cookies ...

I need to look into this further to make it more seemless ... But deleting those cookies will solve the problems.

Sorry it is an inconvenience.

Scooterman

Administrator
Hum, Seems to be a more than one of us loosing our Cookies lol! It is of good practice to delete your cookies & start over logging in, it forces you to use your password & most of all it removes unwanted traffic looking into your computer use. Also Spywear, if removed will reduce these problems, it should be a monthly chore!

NaH2O

OK....I click on Log out and it says
You Are Logged Out! Click here to return to the homepage.
When I click on "here" and it takes me to the homepage, I'm still logged in.

Scooterman

Administrator
Nikki, from the file menu, use tools/options, delete cookies, it will reset, you can delete the individual cookie for RF instead of wiping them all out.

MtnDewMan

Nikki

Just sent you a PM

With the changes I made tonight, it should be much more transparent and working better now. Try deleting those cookies one more time and hopefully things should work much better :)

Chuck

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.