Quantcast

Login

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Heads up.

For some reason I can no longer log in using the main link at the top of the page. I can only log in when I use the one on the middle left of the main site page. Not sure what the problem is here. I even tried reseting my password using the retreval system and it failed to log me in or reset (I tried this four times). I Hope no one else has been stuck outside the forum for the week like myself.

-Erik

Alice

Hi Erik;

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for bringing it to our attention. :) I'll drop Chuck a PM to see if he can puzzle it out. Did you try clearing your cookies?

Alice

MtnDewMan

Hmmmm

I tried the top and the left hand side to log out and log in both, worked fine for me ...

anyone else having a problem?

Macbeth, PM me your password and I will try logging in and out on my end that way with your account ...

Chuck

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Still the same for me. I can log in via main portal page on left middle, but still can't get top main PHP login to work.

Chuck, I would prefer not to give you my password unless you have a reason to believe that others have been affected by this problem and that it is not solely on my end(i.e. A drop in posts or perhaps idle accounts that logged in daily prior to now).

I have no problem using the other loging, I am just stumped as to why that is the only one that will work for me and am concerned that others may be affected and have not yet found the other log in method and as a result have not been able to inform you of their problem (though they could do so via e-mail).

It could be my browser having issues as I use Opera and there are sometimes issues as it is a non-standard browser.

Let me know,

-Eirk :?

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
I've seen this happen with other phpBB's I admin, I know it's painful to do, but try installing IE again and see if it does the same thing. I've noticed some of the php scripting for this forum is browser specific so that could be your problem.

On this forum when you use the login page it drops a cookie on your computer after login, reglardless if you told it to remember your login or not, if you've got your security settings too high, or if the browser does not have cookie support enabled it might give you the same issue.

When I say "this forum" don't mean the psas forum specifically, but the phpBB forums in general.

If it was working for you before I doubt it is a Opera specific problem, most likely something changed on your end. I just jumped into Opera and Mozilla and tried it, worked fine.

MtnDewMan

Erik,

Interesting that you are having these problems. I tried every which way to log in and out with two accounts and had no problems. Then again I only use IE 6 here at home and IE 5 at work ...

I will keep an eye on it to see how it goes on my end and to see if others have any problems.

Jazz ..... Are you logged in when you see the messed up times? If you log in, the times should sync back up for you.

deadrose

I am also using Opera (v 7.23, Windows) and having no problem using the login at the top of the page. Are you using a different version?

Heidi

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Well, I'm still having the same issue. It is rather perplexing to to me as well because I frequent many other PHPBBs and have had no problems on any other site. It may be some specific problem with cookie handling for this site on my end. I am currently excepting all cookies, but perhaps I will try writing up specific rules for this server and see how Opera handles that. I will also upgrade from 7.03 to 7.23 as Heidi suggested.

Don't worry too much over this folks, it appears to be on my end and I don't really mind fishing out the problem and doing some creative logins in the mean time.

Thanks

-Erik :)

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
I added domain specific cookie handling rules for "thepsas.org" and it seems to be working fine now! :bday:

I actually have to do this for ebay as well now. Many thanks for the suggestions and hopefully I will meet some of you on the 10th as that will be my first meeting.

-Erik Olaf Anderson

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.