Quantcast

looking for best tank costs

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

gio

Hello all, I am new to this forum and hoping you all can help me out...I am looking to install a salt water tank ans looking for the best prices. can anyone make any suggestions?

Dims: 72"x18"x29" (150 gall)
whats best: glass or acrylic

I just need the tank. I am building my own stand

Hope anyone can help.

Gio

reedman

I'd check with IAP. They are a sponsor here and produce some great looking, solid tanks. If you are looking to buy used, I'd check your local newspaper, but you have to be sure there was no copper used in the tank. Especially if it was a freshwater tank since a lot of the medications contain copper.

NaH2O

Hey Gio! Welcome to REEF FRONTIERS!!

I recently had IAP build my 120 gallon, and it is beautiful. My 120gallon project started with a glass tank, but changed when I couldn't do what I wanted plumbing wise. Here is a thread on the glass vs. acrylic debate. I will say that the acrylic tank I had made is beautiful, and I'm very excited about it.

Glass or Acrylic - Vote Preference

When figuring cost of a tank, you have to take into consideration if it is reef ready, drilled, overflow boxes, thickness of glass or acrylic, and any other features (such as euro bracing).

Reedman made a good recommendation as far as copper use. Whenever purchasing a used tank with the intention of making it a reef tank, be sure to find out if it had previously been treated with copper.
Hope this helps!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts