looking for frags

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jwoirhaye

Hello, I recently found this site and have to say I am thrilled to find other local people that have the same hobby. I recently upgraded from my 30 gal fowlr that I had set up for 7 years to my 75 gal reef tank. I have found many items at reefmissoula and online but I was wondering if anyone out there has anything they would like to frag and sell to me for a reasonable price? I want to start with fairly easy ones, right now I have some zoas, mushrooms, rics, and a mystery leather.Thank you.:)

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Welcome to our little chunk of the reef :). Most everybody in this little part of the forum is an LPS or SPS junkie. Wish I could help you a little more. Have you looked in Spokane? There are 2 good shops in that area and I guess there is a new shop in Couer D'Alene that I have heard is pretty decent. Considering you have started with softies, it would probably be best to continue that way until you get a little more comfortable with what you are doin. We are here if you need any help tho. I personally started with softies too, so I may know a little about them ;).

IPisces

Welcome to Reef Frontiers too. Glad to have you. I started with softies too. Still have a softie tank with a variety.
Would love to see pics of your system and hear more about it.

jwoirhaye

DSC03915.jpg

75 gallon with around 90 lbs of live rock. I also have a 90 gallon I am still setting up. Hopefully it will be up and running this summer. On the current tank I have T5 lighting and have my LEDs coming in on Monday or Tuesday. I am using a canister filter with carbon since I do not have a skimmer set up yet. I was only planning on having corals in my 90 gal. but I couldn't wait.

jwoirhaye

I have tried everything and I cannot post any other pictures. I have made them as small as possible and it still says they are to big. Any tips?

IPisces

Oh well there is a post requirement. Sorry. I think you have hit it though.
Best way to do it is to host your pictures on flicker or photobucket or similar site. Then copy the image link and paste it in the body of the quick reply box.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Have you got a full tank shot....................... we have this silly little rule in our forum that if you don't show us a full tank shot you have to buy all the adult beverages at the next meeting ;)

J/k

nice pics tho :)

IPisces

Very nice. Rockwork looks great.
Any idea what direction you might take with it? Soft coral and LPS make a beautiful reef tank.
Maybe eventually going SPS?
I thought I was going to stay with sofies. I ended up with a few tanks actually. One is zoas and SPS the other softies/leathers and the other mostly all LPS.
Once you get started, its hard not to buy that really pretty piece of coral.
Looking forward to progress pics. It is really cool to watch the coral grow. Look back on pics from 6 months or a year ago and see how much a piece has grown.
Wish you were closer, I'd offer you some coral. Shipping though is outrageous.

jwoirhaye

Thank you. I'm not sure exactly what my plans are for it. on the 90 I'm setting up I want to do some lps and possibly some sps. on the 75 I do not have a skimmer set up on it so I am a little afraid of what and how much to put in there. I will keep posting pics as I add and change things.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts