Quantcast

Looking for larger power strips..

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Last Saturday I was talking to people about where to get larger (10 plus ) power strips. Reed and FlynReef both told me a place to get power strips with multiple switches on them. I forgot where it was, Can you guys help me out again please?
Thanks in Advance
Ed

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
Try searching for the Tripp Lite brand, I know we've got some at my work which have at least 10 outlets on them...of course they're 5 - 6 feet long though because we mount them to our server racks.

Eliyah

DonW

R.I.P.
Ed HD sells one made by Belkin sp? with 10 spots uses regular outlets built into a metal box with a breaker. The cord is way to long, I think 20ft. I have two and they work great.

Don

reedman

You can get rack mount switches frommusic shops that you plug what ever you want into the back and on the front there is a switch to turn each outlet on or off. A few labels on that and you have a nice central control unit. I saw this on jlehigh's tank. Looks clean and works great. I believe they have 20 amp fuse in them too.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Ed, just one word of caution, the power strips are great, but they can be overloaded. I don't know what exactly you were gonna put on them, just want you to be careful and not overdue the situation. :eek:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Fantastic, I Love this place. I had no idea where to look. Thanks Guys! I am looking now. Don, What is HD? Do you mean Home Depot? I looked in my store here. I could not find them.

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Charlie,
I am considering running a circuit just for my tank. Les has been showing me what to do and how I can do it. I am intimidated by electrical. I may hire someone (wifes uncle) to do electrical. I still need large power strips. Charlie, you are always taking care of me Buddy. I look forward to seeing you and wife Saturday.
Ed

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Your tank is a 90 is that right, Ed. I would think you may want to do at least 2 dedicated circuits. I know I probably overdid my 300, but one of my MH lights alone draw 7+ amps on their circuit.

Last edited:

snobanker

Don, Have you seen that 10 outlet strip actually at a Home Depot? I looked at the HD in Kent and They didn't have any like that....Just what I was looking for too....

DonW

R.I.P.
snobanker said:
Don, Have you seen that 10 outlet strip actually at a Home Depot? I looked at the HD in Kent and They didn't have any like that....Just what I was looking for too....
Yes thats where I got mine. 72nd in Tacoma.

Don

Fly n Reef

Sky Goddess
Hi Ed,
I got mine at Fry's Electronics in Renton. I have two of them for my 180 and each one is on a seperate dedicated circuit. Works great.
Sorry my response is a bit late I was out flying around.
Take care and it was nice to meet you, and put a face with a a name. We hope we see you over here more often.
Karen

Katchupoy

Yes the same strip. Unfortunately, Only one power switch for all the outlets.
The best bet still if you want indiv switches is the American DJ switch.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.