Quantcast

Lps Habitat

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

gobie

dave the gobie
I Am Crazy About Lps Corals. I Want Aqua Scape My Tank To Better Fit Their Needs. Can Any Body Send Me Info So I Can See What A Natural Habitat( On The Reef) For Lps Torches And Frogspawn And Other Euphilla Species Looks Like. I Have Books With Pics Of Reefs In Them But They Mostly Seem To Be Of Sps And Softies

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
I think Veron's books show the corals in their natural habitat better than any I've read or seen. Not sure which volume the LPS are in, but they are in there. HTH

RockyHeap

Evil Genius
From what I've seen on a reef while diving, they like lots of current to feed at night, and open brain corals don't really affix or glue/plant themselves on a reef, but are more a sandy bottom dweller. Of course on a real reef in a wild, its all a territory dispute, and wars are fought and won by having the most potent sting.

Not a real help for your question maybe, but just what I've witnessed while diving reefs around the world.

Anthony Calfo

and seachallengers.com is a great source for biotope/region/dive/natural history books by specific regions at times to help you in this effort. They carry some fab must-have hobby books too like Fabricius and Alderslade's "Soft Corals and Seafans" and the Littlers' tome on marine (macro)algae.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.