Quantcast

lps tank

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

gobie

dave the gobie
:) Last nights meeting really threw me for a loop when i finially got to see the natural habitat for most lps corals.since this is what i prodominately want to keep in my reef i want to change things to meet their semi natural surroundings. can anybody dirrect me to more pictures of natural reef zones that lps corals come from. and I guess that refuge I torn down is goung back on this time with sea grasses or wire algae.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Yes it was a good presentation. Gobie rememer it is tough to recreate natural enviroments because of scale and volume. We might be able to recreate them visually, but the control of nutrient (either more or less) should still be your number one concern.

Here is a link to a good id site, if you bring up indvidual species it will should what I believe you want to see.

http://whelk.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/coralsearch.php

hope it helps

Mike

gobie

dave the gobie
Mike thanks for the link ,it is better than some of the books that i have. And i understand the theory between astethics and the proper husbandry care for the corals I keep. I believe since I lean towards caring for lps corals, lps enviorment might be easier to find a balance between recreation and care. my tank is not crowded with the diffrent species as others that i have seen. since i removed my refuge my water quality has been better. I'm now convinced that all my problems with my fuge was due to calerpa. this also applies to the hebivores that I keep which are a smaller diverse mix than relying on just one or two types in large quantities. I will be going back to a 1" deep sugar fine sand bed though. and removing my giant leather coral and red mushrooms from my tank.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.