Quantcast

LR Questions

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jks1

Yesterday I added 180lbs of fresh Kaelini LR to my soon to be 210g SPS/Clam reef. 1/2" layer of sand will go in after the curing process. I wanted a two island structure, but not sure if I have enough rock. I want to leave enough room for future coral growth. I still need to do some fine tuning on the rockwork, but this is a general idea. What do you think?

Also I tested ammonia today and got 2.0 on a salifert kit. When and how much water do most people change out during the curing process? Thanks

jks1

by the way the tank is 84x24x24. The whits return elbows you see are about 3 inches below the waters surface

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Johnny it looks like you have some nice pieces with some cool shapes. Looking at the aquascaping I would say size wise you look OK, Height wise you're really close to where you want to be. I really think if you got say a box or so of some boulderious Fiji live rock, you could use the Fiji has the center rocks and then pin some of those neat shapes into some awesome overhangs, ledges and so on. That would get you a little bit away from the round pile look and had more of a rugged structure on both sides. Just a thought.

Ray Pollett

I think you should set it up so YOU like it. Do you think it is enough?

I've seen good looking tanks with less and seen good looking tanks with 4 times that much. It depends on what you want and what you like.

Personally I like a LOT of LR with small to med size fish moving in and out of the rock. The more LR the more fish I can have; within reason.

Ray

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.